Jul 25, 2010

Pack Rat

Late this afternoon, I tried to organize my stuff (closet, cabinets, drawers, book rack). Yez, I just didn't sleep and sit on my ass all day today. Woohoo! As I was cleaning up, I came upon my box. The box where I put everything paper- class cards, old journals, notes, receipts, tickets, cards and letters and all that jazz. The box is already full so I have to separate the ones that need to be discarded from the ones I should still keep. I decided to re-read and review each one. I'd still keep the concert, basketball game and movie tickets for scrap booking purposes. The receipts will go to trash. Geeze, my old drawings, the not so good ones need to go. I'll still keep the old sketchpad though. Oooh, cards and letters. Do I still have to hold on to those? You might have guessed right. I did keep. So much for hoarding history! Haha.

I've read somewhere that the reason why we cling to stuff is that we try to remember what is presently absent. That out of sight equals out of mind. It might be true. Will I call it a tragedy then? Maybe not because once upon a time it made me smile =)

*btw, i'm not the one wearing the shirt, i'm skinnier. hahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment