Jul 11, 2010

73rd UAAP Opening and More (aka The Best Moments Were Not Captured)

Yesterday, the 73rd Season of the UAAP  Games officially started. The host school is the De La Salle University. This season's theme is: Where Heroes are Made. If you haven't seen the teaser, lemme share it. UAAP Season 73 Teaser

I have no plans of watching it but I received a text message from Maica asking me if I wanna go see the Opening Ceremony. Well, it's a Saturday and I have no other plans for the day. The problem is, I woke up 11:30am that morning and it starts 1pm. I haven't had breakfast, haven't showered and we have no tickets yet! I live in Antipolo and I have to go to Araneta Coliseum in Cubao. But as they say, if there's a will, there's a way.

To make the story short. We were able to purchase tickets that afternoon. Upper Box A only. We were not able to watch the Opening Ceremony but we were able to catch the first Men's Basketball Game between La Salle and UP. My best friend and I weren't expecting the UP Fighting Maroons to win because it's the Green Archers but we thought they'd be able to give a better game. Why did I say so? Because we heard that the UP players were trained in Singapore this time. (They already have a budget because of the tuition fee increase, hahaha). We were looking forward to the performance of the UP Pep Squad during the half-time break. And we were not disappinted, the pep squad gave a nice performance. They dance to canned music - Saludo Ako Sayo. I do like their uniform which consist of a maroon shirt and a military inspired pants. The score - don't even ask about it. It was kinda shameful (tambak ang UP - talo!).

As the title states - The Best Moments Were Not Captured. FAIL! And like we have nice seats during the game (not patron or lower box because it was sold out but we were in the first row of the upper box A which kinda have a nice view of the court). No video or photo of the game and the pep squad performance. D'oh!

After the game, we felt like eating so to Gateway FoodCourt we went. We just had fun shots meal. Strolled around the mall. Then we saw a Converse Exhibit. Art installation made from shoes and parts of the shoes - sole, shoelace, shoebox, etc.

Pegashoes (UST)



Shoeperherollercoaster (UP)

a closer look

***

I mentioned in my previous blog post that I want to have a Magic8Ball but I want it in pink. So while in Gateway, we went to Kids Depot. Unfortunately, no pink Magic8Ball is available, only black. It is cheaper in Kids Depot only Php 445.75. In Hobbes & Landes in Rockwell it costs Php 499.75. No pink, so I didn't buy, but Maica did. She says for her the color doesn't matter, she just wants the answer to her questions. I have to check Toy Kingdom soon.


Maica consulting the magic8ball.


Escalator moments. hahaha...

I'm not sure if we'll watch another UP Men's Basketball Game again. But definitely we will watch the UAAP Cheerdance Competition. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment